This Monday Microsoft has announced the GA release of Skype for Business Server 2019. The latest release of Skype for Business Server introduces the following new features:
- Cloud Voicemail support
- Cloud Call Data Connector
- Streamlined Teams Migration
- TLS 1.2 support
- Added support for Windows Server 2019
- Cloud Auto Attendant
Prior to the GA release there was a widespread concern regarding support for Persistent Chat (PChat) in the latest release. Following the GA release of Skype for Business server 2019 we want to remind everyone that PChat can still be supported natively. Though this release will not feature a 2019 Persistent Chat Server role, as pointed out by our earlier post in September, a 2015 Persistent Chat Server is fully supported in a 2019 topology, you can read the full blog post here.
Skype for Business On-Premise customers can rest assured that transitioning to Skype for Business Server 2019 should have little to no impact on users or the user experience, particularly PChat.
Should you require professional assistance in your migration to Skype for Business 2019, MindLink can help, simply get in touch.
We also offer:
- MindLink Anywhere: A feature enhanced, Skype for Business Web Client for secure web access.
- MindLink Mobile: A secure and containerised Skype for Business Mobile Client, that supports Persistent Chat.
- MindLink Chatbots: Chatbots built for Skype for Business, build your own or choose from ready-made chatbots.